Affiliate Disclosure: Some of the links on this page are affiliate links which means, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more here.
If you are ready to try your hand at Local SEO for your business, the following list of Local SEO Resources may be helpful.
Google My Business Listing
- Claim/Create/Manage your Google My Business Listing
- Google guidelines on how to represent your business on Google
- A post explaining how to create your Google My Business Listing
- Google Category Tool
- Locating and Cleaning Up Duplicate Listings
- How to Remove your House Photo from Google My Business Listing (Home-based businesses)
Citations are mentions of your business name and address on other webpages. A citation is important even when the source doesn’t link back to your site. Citations are an important part of the local ranking algorithms for both Google and Bing.
- What are Citations?
- WhiteSpark List of the Top Citation Sources – This is a comprehensive, qualified list of the top citation sources listed by country – including the top 50 citation sources for the U.S.
- Moz Local “Check My Listing” Tool – This is a free tool that will help you quickly identify missing, inaccurate and duplicate citation information for some of the major citation sources.
- WhiteSpark Local Citation Finder - If you don't mind some DIY, this service will help you find the best new Citation sources for your type of business. You can try it free to see if it is a good fit.
- WhiteSpark Citation Building Service - If you are not into DIY, this service allows you build citations. I like this one because you choose which citations you want to be submitted to and you pay a very low price per submission.
- Bright Local Citation Burst - If you are not into DIY.
- Local Business Schema Generator
- JSON-LD Schema Generator For SEO
- JSON-LD Schema Generator for FAQ
- How to pick the best (or improvise) your Schema Markup
- How to make your Structured Data Better
- Google Structured Data Testing Tool
- How to Ask Clients/Customers for Reviews
- Bright Local's Google Review Link Generator
Looking for an easy way to find Google IDs and links for any local business? Get all the Google search, Google Maps, and Google My Business review links you need with this free tool. They even provide the unique IDs that Google uses behind the scenes to identify each business.
- Personalized Google Review Handout Generator - Give this to your clients to ask them for reviews.
- Responding to Negative Reviews